According to a recent article released by Hubspot, 42% of the world’s population uses social media. That adds up to around 3.2-billion people, and a huge opportunity for business owners to make the most of social media marketing.
However, many companies are still grossly underutilizing their social media presence to increase conversions and reach a larger audience. Some simply underestimate the power of the newsfeed, while others are missing the mark with advertising efforts.
Getting the best ROI out of your social channels starts with choosing the right ones.
Exploring the Different Platforms Used for Marketing
It’s essential that businesses understand the habits and preferences of their target market and choose social media platforms accordingly. For example, a B2C company selling a product that appeals to millennials might get the best ROI using Instagram or Twitter. While B2B companies targeting older executives may be better served using LinkedIn or professional channels.
Before investing time and money into a social media marketing strategy, make sure that you’ve chosen the most effective platform possible. The goal is to put your product or service in front of the audience most likely to convert and to grow awareness of your brand.
Using Social Media Marketing to Build Brand Awareness
Building brand awareness can be a primary or residual goal of any social media campaign. When you create content that provides value outside of your goods or services, you’re building a relationship with your target audience. Social media marketing is an essential channel for circulating this content and establishing industry authority.
A recognizable brand is more likely to be trusted by B2B and B2C consumers and creates a lasting pipeline of qualified leads.
How to Make Sure You’re Getting the Best ROI Possible
It can be extremely discouraging to invest hundreds of dollars into a targeted social media ad campaign only to come up empty-handed. Fortunately, following these simple steps can improve your ROI drastically:
- Do a target market analysis that provides insight into the social media channels most frequented by your audience
- Create a social media business page to increase engagement and build brand awareness across multiple channels
- Curate and craft valuable content that draws consumers to your site and gives authority to your brand
- Define and prioritize goals for your social media campaigns (lead generation, brand awareness, engagement, etc.)
- Create a regular social media strategy
- Only use paid ads when you understand how to customize them for your target audience
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your social media marketing efforts on a regular basis and make changes as needed
And when in doubt – ask for help! Creating and maintaining a social media strategy can be both time consuming and stressful. However, targeted ads and consistency can be integral to the success of any marketing campaign. That’s where the professionals at Coherence Strategy Group come in. We have the experts you need to create a tailor-made digital marketing strategy that maximizes your ROI and lets you focus on other areas of your business.